Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Sun WIll Come Out Tomorrow!

Yesterday, my day was really not good. It was just one of those days that I felt weak and puny and was just overwhelmed but today was great! It was an amazing day and I got much done. Even things I was not expecting to do.

I have researched, researched, researched about the protein content of foods and I was pleasantly surprised. I have lots of nuts, beef jerky and Greek yogurt has twice the protein of regular yogurt, so we shall try that! I am happy to say that today I counted everything that went in my mouth and I got in 64.4 grams of protein today! YAY!. The doctor suggests that we get at least 60 grams per day. I have a protein spread sheet for 1 month count at a time.

Accountability, I am taking charge of my life and my body. (Well, pretty much if and when my polycyctic ovarian syndrome steps aside!) Also bought prenatal vitamins to get my vitamins in. I am even trying roasted soynuts, and that doesn't even sound good, huh? I did find a protein bar at WalMart with 21 grams of protein per bar and it is called Marathon by Snickers. Can't go wrong with Snickers, can you? And I found another nut bar with 12 grams of protein per bar, and the bar is much smaller. YAY!

I had a hot date for lunch today, but it got cooled down a bit. Anything to spend time with my honey. I was hoping for different lunch plans but it was all good. My honey's mom decided to join us for lunch and it was very enjoyable other than not getting our lunch of salad and soup until 12:50 when I had to be back at work by 1. It took 31 minutes and so many seconds verified by the manager. We did get 30% off the ticket but I was rushed and took 2 bites way to fast and it didn't feel too swift, so I have the rest of my Shrimp and Spinach salad to finish tomorrow.

I do love my mom in law though. She has always been there for me, except when she thought I was raising her grand-kids in filth and when she thought my honey should divorce me, but she did see the truth of the situation and understands now. I forgave her because we all screw up and say things we really don't mean. She and I have a closeness that I never thought I would have with my inlaws. Growing up, there was always so much of the typical inlaw syndrome with my aunts and uncles and I was truly afraid of that, because it didn't seem natural. She and I have had some wonderfully fun times and I hope many more to come. I love her so much and feel lost if I don't talk to her everyday just to touch base and make sure she is good. She loves my boys so much and loves being with them. She spent lots of time with them when they were little. And my boys love their grandparents so much. I (we) am very blessed to have her in my life and thank God every day while asking him to watch over her.

So, tomorrow is FRIDAY! YAY! Time with my honey that will go by way too fast. On the agenda is to organize the things for the yard/bake sale in the garage, move out the washer and dryer, clean out and add them on top of the new pedestals that my honey bought me last weekend, bake cookies, cupcakes (maybe cake), s'mores bars, shampoo the living room carpet and move Brayden's weight bench, the treadmill and the recumbent bike into our dining room that will be a workout room now, until we move. I have about 4 boxes to pack also from the kitchen and dining room. I am excited and really want to get this stuff done! I want to feel better too and hope my plans will plan out!

No comments: