Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pure frustration and ready for more

Twenty three days ago, I had my weight loss surgery. And last time I checked I was down 23 pounds, so at a pound a day, by this time next year I will be...dead? Shriveled up to nothing! HAHA! Just kidding, but I am frustrated.

I am doing what I am supposed to be doing, most of the time. I take my Viativ multi-vitamin every day, my chewable iron every day, my calcium every day and my B-12. I am not getting the required amount of protein in and that is my struggle. I am trying to rest and recover but kinda falling short there too. I have not missed one night of my blood thinner injections in my abdomen though. I am ready to exercise though and am doing what the doctor says by walking only. I go in next week for my 1 month follow up. I hope things can get back to normal soon.

I am tired of my stomach hurting with every drink and food and I am SO tired of the hiccups every time I take a sip or bite. My stomach has improved a little each week though and for that I am grateful! But the hiccups! I sound like a drunk. I am ready to get some strength back and get this show on the road.

Did you know the most amazing thing is life won't slow down for me? I don't get it, when my boys or JB has been sick, everything still functioned, but when I am down, everything will wait. I guess that is OK, but I get way to stinking tired and I am not used to feeling like this. Yes, I am whinning a bit because I want some energy again!

I have 6 incisions in my abdomen, at the 12, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 clock positions. The 3 top incisions were smaller and the steri-strips have fallen off but the bottom three were larger but I can't tell you how much cause I still can't see them. My first incision that I saw is shaped like a butterfly. Kinda ironic though, and you can read back a few posts and read the butterfly story.

I am ready though. My Zach and Jo are coming home March 25th and I can't wait! It has been one whole year since we have seen them and I miss them terribly! I also just want to disappear one weekend with my honey on a cruise, just a short cruise but just have some us time!

No comments: