Thursday, January 6, 2011

How do you know a strong person?

"A strong person knows how to keep their life in order amidst the chaos. Even with tears in their eyes, they still manage to say 'I'm OK' with a smile."
I read this quote that came through my email today. Now, I didn't post it because I believe I am strong but on the contrary. I can be strong and I believe that many times men in my life underestimate this. Yes, my heart can hurt and that pain does release through my tear ducts. I am stronger than I used to be and I believe that I will become stronger. I am a tender-hearted person and I want to believe that people are good and honest, but I do have the little voice on my shoulder that says, "huhm, maybe we better double check some facts." There are very few people that know my inner soul, honestly, I think there may be 3 at the most. I don't like people to see my pain, and do my best to hide it. Working on that too. I guess if I was to set a New Year's Resolution it would be that. To work on being so readable to some. Work on saying, convinceably, "I'm OK' with a smile. 

I do watch people and I wish to be like some. The lady at church that will take on any task and successfully tackle it, the co-worker that comes in every day happy, like nothing ever bothers them, and how about the waitress that is always smiling. Smiling and happiness runs only a close second to one other thing. And for those with your mind in the gutter, I will tell you it is kissing. There is nothing greater than that, at least to me. But I love smiling, laughing and just being happy. When I am at my best, things don't get me down, but sometimes the old creeper rains on my parade or forbids me to splash in the puddles and I will pout.

I do love people though, some more than others just as everyone else does, but I think that sometimes we get caught up on the ride of making the almighty dollar and forget why we are here on this earth. We are here to convince all those we love and those we haven't learned to love yet that their next place of permanent residence should be heaven. Wouldn't it be amazing if everyone THOUGHT about what is right and wrong? Who would ever believe that anyone would ever think it was right to rip an unborn child from it's mother's womb?  Watch a video of an abortion and see if you think that is right, what if that unborn child was you? Or your grandchild? This thought never crossed my mind even when doctors told me that my boys could have down syndrome because of a bad reading on a test. You know what- - they were wrong? No matter what would ever be wrong with a child of mine, I could not have terminated, even if it meant holding my child for 1 minute while they drew its last breath. Even if my life was at risk, I could not terminate, even if it meant my death. Do you think God thinks my life is more important than my childs? I don't think my life is more important than anyone's. We are all equal and all deserve the chance to breathe, to run,to sing and to love. I love music and I love nothing more in this world than to hear a small child singing "day 1, day 1, God made light when there was none." I hope heaven is full of children singing.
I believe I am strong enough to stand up for what I believe in and for those I believe in, but I need to become strong enough to stand up for me.
 

No comments: