Monday, January 10, 2011

Frustration has set in.

After leaving for vacation on December 22nd, I finally returned back to work today. There is so much to do and I just wanted to cry, but that would have been counterproductive, so I just got busy. I only worked 1/2 a day because of the rain, ice and snow. The roads were not bad at all and I was wishing I would have just gone in at 8 AM. The phone was fairly quiet and the building was empty and that is when I can accomplish the most. I am ready to get into the routine of work again.

My other frustration is my surgery. I just cannot understand it, when  I put anything in my mouth other than water or Crystal Light makes my stomach hurt. Not a painful type of hurt but a weird hurt and causes me to have chills up my back. I can do broth without problems but cream soups, yogurt, smoothie, or anything with any type of consistency. I will have to go online and research and see what I am doing wrong.

Is there ever a time that you feel like someone is just tolerating you because they have to? I really dislike it when I come to that conclusion. I wish I could stop caring what other people think but I do care, because if I am doing something annoying, I would rather that someone be honest with me and get it all out in the open. I just don't believe in confrontation but sometimes you have to just lay it all out.

Schools were mostly all closed today because of the wintry weather. This made one 14 year old ecstatic at our house. It was a very relaxing morning before I went to work. This is one funny thing I have laughed at for years. My honey is trying to lose some weight and is doing good. He went through somewhere and ordered and then asked me later, 'did you notice that I ordered my chicken sandwich grilled?' Yes, I am proud of the changes he is made but I think it is funny. Men make me laugh. And I will be encouraging and excited that he ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. If I could just get his to eat greens, THAT would be an accomplishment! But I love him for trying to add years to his life but changing his bad habits into better choices.

I do love all my guys. They are funny and crazy. My honey has been the most incredible husband during this surgery. Although he has referred to himself as the 'drill sergeant', it has not been that bad. The doctor sent me home with this leg compression unit, to compress my calves to decrease the chance of blood clots. They also sent me home with Lovenox injections for 30 days. He got really upset with me because I wanted a short nap without the compressions, just a short nap. He insisted I let him put them on and I refused, kicking my legs so he couldn't put them on. Now, you also have to understand that I had ACL replacement surgery in July and was very restricted in bed with movement. I had the leg movement unit I had to sleep with and could not get comfy. I just wanted a short, little nap without the leg unit. My honey was so worried about me getting a blood clot and got kinda mad at me for just wanting a nap. It is funny now but he was trying so hard to keep me safe and I just wanted to be comfortable. After having the surgery on the 27th, and getting out of surgery at 8:30PM, I had to be woke up every 2 hours to walk. The first night, my mom and my nurse woke me every 2 hours to walk and every hour to drink so my sleep pattern was so messed up. I was frustrated but did what needed to be done and never complained once. I don't take chances with my life or others for that matter, just wanted a nap with my legs free. I have not missed one day of my injections, and have taken all my vitamins almost every day.

No comments: