Thursday, January 6, 2011

The daily writings of a slacker...

Yes, slacker, that is what I feel like. I tried to log on to post last night when my mind was racing and my computer was being retarded so I gave up after 3 tries.
I am so used to going and doing, my routine is my sanity, because it keeps me from thinking. I miss working at my job because of the stimulation for my brain and I believe when I start back to college, I will enjoy that stimuli also. Many evenings I have thought, "oh I am gonna go back to work tomorrow, better call MG." and then I have to literally smack myself. I promised myself this week to rest and do AS I PLEASE. Maybe once every 10 years, I do this. I will admit that I went in today for a few minutes to pay federal taxes because we all know, when Uncle Sam wants his money, HE WANTS HIS MONEY! The rest of the time there was spent productively and I got some time to visit with a friend that I have missed visiting with and then I got to harass BW, our youth minister, whom I have worked 2 years with and finally learned how to properly spell my name. I will have to think of some mis-spelling of his name to tease him when I return next week, on Monday! WHOO HOO!
Speaking of MG, she has been so amazing in stepping in when I leave. I totally trust her with my job and know that I won't be inundated with tons of work upon returning. I also know that my co-workers won't forbid me to ever take another vacation because they have had to do my job or handle the tasks that we all dread. It is very hard for me to take time because my job changes and much is added each year, and it makes no sense to reteach it over and over. It is hard to actually take a vacation. And don't get me wrong, I have others that have stepped in when MG was unavailable and I am SO grateful to them also, even if they are just answering the phone.
Wednesday was one of my down days. I just felt like the energy was zapped right out of me. I know my protein was low because I can not hardly gear up enough to have any type of appetite yet. I am drinking my fluids and taking my supplements as well as getting my nightly injections. Brayden seems to enjoy giving his ole mom injections now, so I have not had to actually give many to myself. I actually went to Ladies Bible Class in the morning and worship that night. I have really got to be half dead to miss worship, or contagious. I won't go if I am at risk for making others ill. We have too many that are easily infected and many, many elderly! I have been looking for other measures of protein for the next 10 days and asking questions on Facebook too.
My dear, sweet friend, AH, (she has the most perfect first and last name!) called me today and had time to burn so she went to GNC for me and wanted to know about certain things I might try. She got me a ton of things to try and I am so grateful to her. It is these times that my heart swells when someone I care about goes out of their way to see that I have what I need. I am so stubbornly, independent that I don't want others to 'waste their time' on me. But oh, how I love to 'waste my time on them.' I try to be careful to not take away that joy for others because it makes me feel dependent. 
So I started off my day with 32 grams of protein in one "milkshake". The taste was good but it was 20 ounces and that is hard to drink when it is so thick. It took me about 3 hours to finish the drink. I am feeling better and glad it is getting closer to my return to work so I don't feel like such a slacker! And yet, my house is still not cleaned. What have I done with my time this week? OH, yeah, that rest thing. Have to admit it has been really nice, having no conditions on my day except to make sure I get my child from school.
I had a visit from one of my bosses today to discuss the upcoming budget and my pull from it. I am very grateful to work for such a wonderful group of men, but I am also grateful to have the co-workers that I have. I am truly blessed. Yeah, there are some things I miss out on because I am the only female but the blessings most definitely override the things I miss.  They are all just amazing and I love every one of them.
Tonight will be basketball game for Brayden, at Boles, and I am looking forward to watching him play.

No comments: