Sunday, June 26, 2011

Questioning others...

One thing I dislike about depression, is you think things that are just not so. I am trying to look at things in a different manner, and I like the reactions and outcomes much better. I found myself in a situation that I was very confused about but I stopped and thought. The other person was one that I trust completely and have the utmost respect for and rather than thinking, "I can't believe that you did that and why?" I thought, I am going to speak to them and give them the benefit of the doubt, because of my level of respect for them. I put it (mostly) out of my head until we could meet, and I was right, that person was the person that I believed them to be.

Do you ever go on something without giving another a chance? I believe that it is not always as it seems. I place my guard up because betrayal hurts, it hurts so deep that sometimes you can't breathe. I hope that I never make another feel this way. I know firsthand how much it hurts to be betrayed by someone I love and trust. But you know what? I am still here and I am stronger now, my skin is a little bit thicker and I am so grateful for the people in my life that have been here for me. There is always an upside to the downside in life, you just have to be willing to look for it. You just have to open your eyes!

I appreciate people, I love people but I expect people to treat each other with the utmost dignity and respect. I work very hard every day to remember this when I deal with people, all kinds of people I deal with. I also try to remember that everyone was not raised like me and everyone is not like me, but everyone can be respectful to each other.

I am old school, I believe in respecting everyone and that doesn't mean you have to like them. I believe in the commandmants in the bible that say how God wants things done. Our society was much more moral and righteous when people believed in disciplining their children and that included spankings. The 'be kind and be your children's best friend, never spank and let them be what they want to be". I agree on a very little bit of that. I am not my children's friend, I am their mother and it is my responsibility to raise them in the Lord and teach them the Lord's way. I am proud of my boys who run to a door to open it for a lady that is by herself or for an elderly that needs help. For helping someone out to their car with their groceries, a perfect stranger. For getting a call from someone they are staying with and the person going on and on about my boy's manners and gratitude. I am proud of what my boys are becoming. I love them more than the air I breathe! I believe in consequences, for my boys and for myself.

I think the world would be a better place if we returned our country of "One nation under God" and we treated each other like we wish to be treated. Kindness and tenderness goes a long way.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Amen! Well said!