Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Only sinners welcome here

Sometimes I see something and it triggers something in me. This statement on a church t-shirt "Only sinners welcome here."  Is that the truth? Why do we sometimes act like one person who has a greater amount of past sins is beneath us? Why do we continue to talk about that sin and why can't we let it go?
Christians are not perfect and I am far from perfect, but I try hard every day not to look at another because of their sins or their past mistakes. But I do catch myself thinking, 'I can't believe she is doing something or has done this again.'

Everyone that draws breath is a sinner and my sin is no less than anothers. I have to constantly remind myself of that. I HAVE NO RIGHT TO PASS JUDGEMENT OF ANOTHER.

I wish that we were not so indoctrinated by the ways of the world, that we could love without judging.  Love without question and forgive without thought. God instructed us to love one another and we hold back; we hold back hugs and smiles and acceptance, for fear of what? Do we really care about what others think? 'She is hugging that sinner.' Shouldn't we all be hugging that sinner? Yes, we should all be hugging, and loving and accepting others more. Accepting people for exactly what they are. God's created beings that are flawed and are sinners. God forgives and wipes the slate clean, but can we not do this with one another? We have to learn day by day and hour by hour to keep the past IN the past. It has no place in the present or future.

I learned last week that I hurt someone I truly care about and respect. I was wrong and I was hurting, but I never meant to say the things I said. I never meant to hurt or insult and I was ashamed of myself. All I can do is ask for their forgiveness. There are people that have deeply hurt me, physically and mentally, and althought I choose to never be around them again or contact them, I forgave them, although they never asked because it is what is commanded of me. I have to forgive and more on because it will eat you alive if you don't.
 "Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”  Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."Matthew 18:21-22

I would love to see a more gentler and kinder world, but that has to start with me. I love people and I expect people to be honest and forthcoming, but that doesn't always happen, but that is in no way a reflection on me. That is a fault that lies within them.

The bottom line is to love like God loves, and that would eliminate the whispers, and the gossip, the hurt and the anger. It would do away with the judging and the second guessing. I have my task set before me to love unconditionally and to stop hurting others.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Amen to that--being judgemental seems to be inborn in humans---always room for personal improvement there---everyone is at a different place in their life in different circumstances...