Saturday, June 18, 2011

12 – ways to improve your life

In red is my thoughts.
12 – ways to improve your life


* Concentrate on making others like and enjoy themselves, they’ll enjoy you more.  I love being an encouragement to those I love and care about.

* Give others the benefit of the doubt, and doubt often – emphasize the benefit. Does this mean don't make assumptions unless you have all the facts? I like that one. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
* Forget your ability to think faster than another person talks … everybody has it, but only the foolish use it. When you’re thinking ahead, you can’t hear what being said. Listening is the best attribute of a great friend. I hope I listen enough to you.

* Listen at least twice as much as you talk … others will hear twice as much as you say. Listening is the man of the game.

* Laugh with others often … only fools never laugh, or laugh at others. How about laughing at myself, I do some really stupid things! HAHA! Laughing is one of my favorite things.

* Use plain talk ... say what you mean, precisely what you mean, and only what you mean. And pray that they understand it as you said it. I get angry at me when others are hurt because of my words, even if I didn't mean it like they took it.

* Ask for more advice than you give … the wise seek counsel, the foolish only give it. Don't we all have those trusted people that we seek advice from, those that we have the utmost respect for? I love those people!

* Criticize sparingly, and then only constructively … one compliment is always worth a dozen critical remarks. I am a wussy when it comes to criticizing another. I don't feel like I have that right. I would much rather compliment and lift people up!

* Be approachable … few people talk often to a dragon or a stone wall or a ghost. Awww...I love dragons!

* Seek to know others … you’ll be amazed at how it will help you understand yourself.  I love learning about others. People are so interesting and have wonderful stories especially the elderly!

* Greet every person you meet cheerfully and enthusiastically … nobody can fake cheerfulness and enthusiasm very long. I am working daily on this one. I have a great role model of this!

* Leave every person feeling better for having talked to you … they’ll be happy to see you next time. I hope people do feel better whn they leave me and if they don't I am sorry, I will try harder next time because I love you!

No comments: