Friday, July 10, 2009

What is up with marriages in America?

And no, I am not the expert in any way shape or form on marriage, but I do know what the bible says about marriage. It says one MAN and one WOMAN for each other for life, for better or worse till death us do part. What part of that is confusing? This junk about gay, or excuse me, I must be "politically" correct, same sex marriages. Those last three words are an oxymoron. There is no such thing is same sex marriage. I hear people say, "well, if the leader says it is OK, then I guess it is OK." The leader? Are you kidding? Is our leader going to be with us in judgement? Who is going to be there when we stand before our maker? No one! Just me and my maker, and EVERY knee shall bow. Do we not think that we will be held responsible for who we checked on that ballot? I believe that He gave us free will to use common sense and put someone in that believes that God is over all creation. Marriage is so disposable today. God didn't create man to be with woman, and woman and woman and maybe a man thrown in there somewhere. I can't imagine having multiple sexual partners or multiple husbands. It has taken me 20 years to learn, and I mean REALLY learn the one that I have now. I love my husband more today than I did over 21 years ago. I loved him then but it was a mixture of love, lust, excitement and mostly lust. Being a child of divorce and being found "unfit" to date the boys in church because of the sin's of my father, I felt so lost in many ways. Why didn't my daddy love me? What did I do wrong and why did he not think of us? You learn really quick to move on and suck it up, but as a child that is really hard. My father has 2 children that are flesh and blood and even on our birthdays, we never heard from him. There is SO many broken homes and single moms and unwed pregnancies. Where did we go wrong? Children should be brought into homes with a married and committed couple, a mommy and daddy. Sex (making love) should be reserved for marriage in the committment of the marriage bed. Now, I do know kids will be kids and pregnancies happen, and it is not the end of the world but to just accept it like it is a normal as brushing your teeth twice a day? It impacts everyone involved with the baby! And I don't believe that just because a girl is pregnant that the young man should marry the young lady. Two wrongs do not make it right, and it usually is not right, and ends in divorce. Just 20 years ago a friend of mine went to Edna Gladney home to have her baby and give it up for adoption, although she chose to keep him. She was embarrised about the situation and wanted to have some peace while she was pregnant and think through her options and education. I have always wanted to open a maternity house in Greenvile like that but there is no shame at all in it anymore and therefore defeats the purpose. I wish America put more thought and more stock in marriage the way God intended! I by NO means think I am anywhere close to perfect! Very far from it, but I try to live my life to please Him and when I answer to Him I won't be embarrised. I wish people would take a better look at their spouse and TRY to work things out instead of looking for the easy way out. The children left in the wake of broken homes do not deserve that. I have seem so many children from broken homes, abused, beaten and sometimes killed. My children are the most important things in my life and it is my responsibility to teach them what a normal (as dysfuntional as it is) family does. They don't walk out on each other. They don't sleep with other people and betray each other, and they resolve conflicts TOGETHER. Raising children with a committed spouse is so incredible. Yes, there are problems but if you are committed, the problems can be resolved. I love being with my guys so much that I could live anywhere as long as we are together. My husband is the biggest blessing in my life. We have learned so much together over the last 25 years that we have been together. We have had ups and we have had downs, but we have made it through together and we probably would not have made it through apart. I definately know that there are some hurts that I could not have made it through without him. He is my rock and just having him HOLD me makes all the difference in the world.

No comments: