Sunday, May 30, 2010

My memorial weekend fun....

Yesterday, while my honey and baby went to help a good friend, Gene move into her new apartment, I dove head first in our closet. WOW! Was it ever overwhelming. Why on earth do we all keep STUFF? I have clothes that I have not worn in 4 years. Clothes I NEVER want to wear again. Those are the clothes I wore 4 years ago that were 3X and 4X. So, it is time to get rid of them once and for all and get back to the business of getting more weight off. Going back to where I had the best luck, at Weight Watchers. 70 lbs. gone before getting into my pit of despair but luckily I have not put much of that back on. So closet is done and now on to other things. Although while cleaning out the closet we cam across things, things that were Zach's, baby blankets, pictures, book and clothes, so I got down a large suitcase and started filling in with Zach's stuff. Since Brayden can have 2 checked baggage's, one will be filled with Zach's stuff. His Barney neach towel, his Winnie the Pooh blankie that was stitched and stitched with much love. Blankets and bibs that were cross stitches and hand quilted for him and now he can put them up for when he has children some day.

My little blond hair, freckled face kiddo wanted a shock effect on his hair. He wanted to color it jet black. I agreed that he could do it, I mean it is not like tattoos or piercings. So we agreed it would only be temporary, and wash out in about 10 washings and the color was added. Well, his hair has never had chemicals on it so it was very resistant but it is a nice shade of brown, matches his freckles perfectly!

Sunday is my most favorite day of the week. Worship and fellowship and just love Sundays. Well, this Sunday did not like me back. Not too many days of the week that I don't like but Mondays are sad for me, because I don't see my hubby until the weekends, but I am very grateful that he has a good job and so my selfishness must stay inside and I must deal with it.

I am always the first one up on Sundays and get in the shower, so I did what I do. I am really particular about my oral hygiene but love being completely clean out of the shower, including my teeth. I floss, then rinse with peroxide (to kill all those nasty germs) and then brush, brush, brush. It is usually the last thing I do, and then rinse with the microphone, err, I mean shower head. It is kinda like a water pik and feels so good.Anyways, while going through the rinse cycle, my left foot slipped and trying to catch myself, my right foot went forward and my left leg went back. Now, don't be thinking that I did the splits, because my shower is not long enough because it has 2 built in seats at each end, wall and glass doors on the outside. My left leg bent backwards and my weight came down on that knee, my bad knee, and kind of hurt. Well, I just sat there a few although it was very loud and prayed. I was thankful that I didn't hit my head or go through the glass doors. Now a plan of attack for getting out of this shower. Glass doors just offer no options to maneuver, that is the down side! I don't know how long I sat there with the water running on me but I was trying to figure it out when JB came in. Probably gonna ask if I was going to use ALL the hot water. :o) JB got very upset and wanted to know why I didn't call him. I don't know, it is just my problem for me to figure out myself! Thankfully, his help was greatly appreciated. Now my adrenalin is in high gear and I told JB I was going to go to church, thing was, I couldn't walk. I haven't been able to walk right in many years but the pain was pretty strong.

After much prodding, I gave in thinking I do need to go see what I have done to this knee. Stupid me and I was so embarrassed! What happened? Uh, I was stupid and slipped in the shower, and being 41 years before I ever did that was a great feat! Never used crutches either...HATE them! No fractures, just a really ugly xray of a knee in need of much! The burning is what bothers me. On the top of my left knee cap, it burns. My best friends have become ice pack 1 and ice pack 2. Ice pack 1 ties around my leg and ice pack 2 is one of the old fashioned 'bladder style' pack! I love those kinds.

I went to church this evening, after waking with a vicotin headache. I needed to be at the Lord's house once today. Not a fan of narcotic pain medications, they make me feel like I am crazy! No comments from the peanut gallery either! I really wanted my invisibility cloak, you know, the one like Harry Potter has? Would have been perfect for me! Enjoyed service with the young men leading. They did an outstanding job! Then we went to Wendy's with the group, but I just could not sit that long and asked to come home. I am very sorry guys! I love fellowship with all of them, but the pain was mightier than the conversation tonight! Now to sit, which I don't do very well when there are a million things left to do around here!

One more day of my holiday so I am praying that I wake up feeling wonderful, or at least less pain. Bruises are now popping up and such lovely colors. Have an amazing Memorial Day and thanks to all who defend our country and all who have given their lives for freedom. No greater love than for one to lay down his life for another, just as Christ did for us. I love you Zachary and I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

[captain] jo said...

ahhh! you're sending us more of zach's stuff? we haven't even put away the first round of stuff! :)
we both hope your knee feels better soon, and we can't wait for bray to get here!