Friday, May 28, 2010

Everything happens for a reason...I guess!

I have heard it said to "not look a gift horse in the mouth". Now, it makes no sense to me because I have never gotten a gift from a horse or seen a 'gift horse'. But I know that it means, don't question a gift, and if something good happens, don't question it.

Something really good happened and makes me glad I chose Phoenix Charter School for my son. I cannot go into details but lets just say that the principal really made Brayden's summer. Brayden has a learning disability in reading but we have taught him that that is no excuse, he must work harder. A disability doesn't mean he can't do something, it just means he will have to fight harder, work longer and take more time to think through what he wants to accomplish. You are only unable to do what you believe you cannot do! Now with that said, Brayden is in full swing for his summer activities. He is going to NETSYS with his youth group and will see all his camp friends every Monday night for the rest of the summer. Then he is working the VBS program this year. Last year he was part of the VBS and this year he will help. And then he is going to Utah to spend 2 whole weeks with his brother and sister-in-law! He is so excited about that and has been counting the days since HE purchased his round trip ticket. I am so excited (a bit jealous!) but Brayden has never flown on an airplane so this will truly be an adventure for him.

My blessings are so numerous and I feel so undeserving of them. I cannot remember when I was happier. Even though there are struggles that come up, we are happy. We both really like our jobs and our co-workers. We are working hard to re-build our finances and to re-structure our lives. Life is good. Life will be better. Our church family is so incredible and our family is so amazing. Everything in it's place.

3 comments:

[captain] jo said...

zach and i are both so proud of bray! we can't wait for his visit, it'll be like having a little piece of home here with us!

Stacy said...

Hey, we can send the dogs too and it will be like a whole lot of home! HAHA! I love and miss ya'll!

-lisa- said...

Oh that's going to be so much fun for him!!