Friday, May 28, 2010

And now I must finish my thoughts...

Well, I must say that I am surprised Joanna was reading my blog. HA! Anyways, Zach and Joanna, I love and miss ya'll very much! Joanna, do you have a blog, because if you do, I should keep up with it because my son tells me nothing that is going on. I am lost and in the deep blue sea!

We had a family night which have been few and far between. Brayden chose everything and he wanted to eat at Luigi's and go see "Letters to Juliet". Dinner was wonderful and the company was even more wonderful. Me and my two guys, since the 3rd had to run off and get married! The movie was really good. I am so out of the movie loop that I have no clue what is showing. This movie was a good, clean movie. Tomorrow will prove to be a busy and hopefully productive day. JB and Brayden are helping a friend move into her new apartment and I will tackle our closet. I think the guys have the safest job tomorrow. Our closet and Brayden's room are on the menu for tomorrow.

We went over Brayden's summer schedule with him. The good, the bad and the ugly! I am so glad that his summer plans are intact. Brayden started out this school year and did not start out on the right foot. His grades were very lacking. He had a failing grade every six weeks. Enough was finally enough, because I know what he is capable of. I was busy working out things in my head and I felt very neglectful of him. I had to make a statement to get my point across. I suggested that he discuss all his grades with Zach. He doesn't ever want to tell his brother that his grades are low because he knows what Zach expects of him. I also spoke to a good friend, Randy, and asked him to talk to him. Well, he did. He told him that he thought it was a wonderful idea for him to be failing school and he was so excited that someone he knew would be living on the street and in a cardboard box because so many people need to hear the word of God out there and since Brayden would be living on the street he could preach to them.Now, if you ask Randy, he will say that is what turned Brayden around, and I might give him a little credit...NOT!

Each 6 weeks, I would ground Brayden from something, just one something. Well, I had enough and grounded Brayden from life. He could eat, breathe, shower and do school work. No cell phone, no TV, no Wii, no computer, no overnights with friends and no friends over. No fun! Mean 'ole mom was trying to make a statement.

This 'punishment' turned into a blessing. Brayden didn't die without his cell phone, and came less dependent on it and texting. But we got closer as a family. Instead of everyone being at the computers or in front of the TV we talked and laughed and wrestled. We played games and did things outside and played with the dogs and just spent time without the technology of the world that plagues our existence.

I pride myself on knowing my children. I had children to BE with my children. Not to send them here and there and have a nanny and take all my vacations separate from them, but to spend the next 18 + years WITH them. I have had people tell me to take some vacations without my kids. But why? I love being with them and I love watching their reaction to new things. Seeing their faces and watching them become enlightened with things is what makes me happy. I get joy from watching my children experience new things. I have a friend who says, "we are lucky because my children have always spent time with both of our parents". They have always gotten them for the weekends and taken them on vacations. Well, I would never deny my parents the pleasure of spending time with my boys. They are amazing and they are what they are because of their grandparents. Grandparents are so important in a child's life and there is so much love between the boys and the grandparents. I am very proud of my boys and I will share them with the people that love them most. They are very blessed to have the relationships with each other.

But through all of this, Brayden has pulled his grades UP. 90% of his grades are now high A's and he has figured out that he is capable of this. He is found a new confidence in himself. He wants to be able to tell his brother that he has A's. This brings me to another subject. Brotherly love. I have been amazed at the love between my two boys. I don't know if it is because they are 7 years apart and didn't fight like close age siblings. Zachary wanted a sibling for so long and when we were finally blessed with Brayden, we knew it would just be the two boys. We were so happy that Brayden was healthy and full term and finalized our family. Zachary adored Brayden and was always so sweet to him. Brayden in turn adored Zach. Since Zach has joined the Air Force, Brayden is such a joy and such wonderful company. We act so retarded sometimes and we just love to laugh. What is life about if you aren't laughing? Two wonderful boys, two kind hearted boys, two boys that love the Lord. What more could a mother ask for? For these children I prayed, and continue to pray and thank the Lord for such a wonderful blessing. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

[captain] jo said...

i do have a blog, but i dont keep it up much anymore.