Friday, December 11, 2009

Doing what I must do, but letting go is NOT my strong suit....

This has been a very good week. But as this week comes to a close, the beginning of next week will attest to be a week of cessation. My sweet girls will be moved to a family placement. This was always in the plans and reunification is always the plan for the children. I just fell so deeply in love with them. Oh my! Precious, beautiful and funny! They have come SO far in the 4 months that we have been blessed to enjoy them. ECI and the caseworker both praised their progress with us. Caseworker said they have made so much progress and really blossomed while they have been in out care. Both say that they have so much interaction, love and security with us and we have provided them so much. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Love 'em as long as we can and teach them as much as possible. I have to go into this thinking it is not perpetual and is time limited as I did with day care. Otherwise, I would just crumble. But I know that I did everything humanly possible to provide them with love and security. I am so greatful for my church family who loved them like they were never leaving. And for my friends that brought me plenty of 'love-me-downs' and took pictures that I will treasure forever! They have forever left a mark on my heart and I hope I have left something with them. Even if the memories fade, they still remember something, if event he song that I sang to them when the moon was full or visable, "I see the moon and the moon sees me, the moon sees the one that I long to see, so God bless the moon and God bless me and God bless the one that I long to see." It gives me solice to know that we are both under the same moon and pray they are as happy as their two precious souls deserve to be! I pray they remember how much they loved bible class and I am so thankful for the bible class teachers that loved and taught them while they were in our home. Thank you all so much! And for Randy and Brandon that were so sweet and played with them. I hope that when she drives by the church she remembers good feelings and security. So as I spend my last few days and hours with my girls and I prepare them to move on, I will pray without ceasing that God watches over them. Thank you to all you that loved them!

No comments: