Monday, December 28, 2009

2010

I love to put up my Christmas decorations and love to take them down. It is just that we have always taken down our Christmas decorations before December 29th because we didn't want to have them up on Zachary's birthday. Well, I am gonna stick with that. Christmas is coming down.
With 2010 coming up, my changes are to better me...
  • My relationship with God must be closer, better and more understanding. I have already began a private bible study to achieve this for myself. This is a very attainable goal and I am excited about it.
  • As always, I want to lose weight but this year WILL be different. I have a wedding in February and I want to feel better and have less pain on my knees, at the least.
  • I want to lose enough weight so that I can go on the Bone Marrow Transplant list. I donate blood as often as I can, but losing my step father, Paul to leukemia, has heightened my awareness for this need.
  • I also want to do a walk in honor of my sweet grandmother who fought the battle twice with cancer before it took her home.
  • Diabetes is an area that I want to also do a walk or help to raise awareness of this disease. My maternal grandparents both have suffered with this disease. One of my children in residential care has childhood diabetes and is insulin dependent. I took every class I could and learned as much as possible to help him live better and longer. He is precious! This is a disease I fear.
  • I want to have knee replacement surgery to be able to have a more active life. I have been told for 20 years that my knees are bone on bone, but what other options do I have? My current insurance won't cover anything for 2 years, so I suck it up and move on. Mind over matter. I mind but it doesn't matter! HAHA!
  • I want to lose weight so I can do more with missions at least once a year.
  • I also want to start back to school and find a way to pay for it. It is important to me to better myself. 
  • I want to put my past in the past and stop assuming responsibility for everything.  I have learned so much this year and have put my trust in others.
My goals for 2010 are set and I am not waiting for any of it until the New Year. My changes start NOW.
The changes have already started. I want to be a light to those around me and make those around me laugh and smile. (you know I could be REALLY funny with that one!) I can ONLY change me! I can't change my hubby or my boys, but I can make a difference with myself and I am gonna go full speed to accomplish this. I am so blessed with family and friends I love so much. My church family is so amazing and my heart is always thinking of ways to help them and keep things light and happy within the walls.


My life is amazing and my heart is full of love, the love of God and the love of others. It is what this is all about! Life, to love and live and teach others about the love of God.

1 comment: