Monday, October 8, 2012

Life in the faster lane....

I can't believe it has been since March sine I updated my blog! SO much has happened since then and life is such a whirlwind....I can't find the time to sit still long enough to blog and shouldn't be doing this now, at 12:30 in the morning.

Last time I blogged, my sweet Zach and Jo were visiting. Zach has since left Korea and they are now back in Utah and happy as a clam. (However happy that is.) They are making friends, reconnecting with friends and re-establishing their lives together again. My gran-puppy Austin, became a big brother recently with the addition of Leviathan (Loving referred to as Levi). Austin seems to be taking the job serious and enjoying having a non-human playmate. Austin is a border collie and Levi is a border collie/golden retriever mix. Both are very smart dogs and seem to be behaving themselves. LOL! It is Zach and Jo we should be worrying about. Zach and Jo purchased their first vehicle, a small SUV and are very proud of it.

Jim Bob, Brayden and myself are going to Utah in December, the 14th to be exact and I am so excited. I can't wait to spend time with ALL my kids and being at Zach and Jo's home as a guest will be a first! Brayden and I will be able to be there for 2 weeks and JB will be there a week. We are doing as many odd jobs as we can and saving, saving, saving!!

After we return from Utah, JB and I will have our 25th wedding anniversary on March 19th. Every year we switch off, where one year he plans and the next year I plan and yes, he usually does very well. This was my year and I have taken 2 cruises and he has never been. Add in the violin and the exemplary whining..... It is just a 4 day cruise into Cozumel but will be good to just have some down time with my husband.

This has been a little bit of a difficult year in that we have had some struggles. My allergies have really played into my nausea and my weight has been a battle. For 20+ years, I have battled morbid obesity, and now my battle is to gain weight back. My lowest weight was 114 pounds and my goal weight is 130, NOT to exceed 140. I am finally hovering at 130 and holding. My bariatric surgeon gave the green light to begin working out and running. This I have not started yet, because we are trying to grasp hold of chaos and ring it in. I am at that point where I am tired of stuff; stuff to save, keep, put up for a rainy day, display (and have to dust). We are working on a yard sale for this Saturday and may need to have another in November.  I just want to de-clutter and keep the house cleaned.

Now, with all that said, let me get back to my health and the amazing journey we have been on. For the first time since my surgery, my levels of protein and vitamins were NORMAL! Hallelujah! My vitamin D was the only thing that was low and intensive 12 week treatment has began. I have found a new Primary Care Physician that will be able to handle all my health needs, although I will continue to see Dr. T for my post bariatric follow ups. My biggest frustration has been my levels of estrogen being so low and that is very frustrating. My PCP noticed that my thyroid was out of whack (I mean, dropping 200 pounds can knock anything out of whack!) Blood work will be drawn and I will have a mammogram and bone density test soon. Ready to get my levels normal in all the realms and GET ON WITH MY FULL LIFE!


No comments: