Monday, October 4, 2010

October falls into place.

I can't believe that it has been since June since I blogged. Guess I have been so busy and blogging was the last thing on my mind.

To begin with, I had ACL replacement and knee scope on July 15th. When I fell May 30th, I totally blew the ACL. I am now the proud owner of a cadaver ACL. I even have registered it in case it is ever recalled, which brings me to another point, what if it is recalled? Do they really think they will get it back from me? Not on your life. Surgery went great, day after really sucked a bitter lemon, but each day got better and better. I have finished rehab and will continue trying to strengthen the knee. Am I glad I did it? Absolutely, but the hardest part was being dependent on others for 2 weeks. My wonderful church family provided meals for the family and my parents were a huge source of support.

Brayden has gone on to the 8th grade and is playing football. He is also taking hip hop dance that he has always loved doing and is enjoying that but it keeps us way busy. He is becoming very responsible with his homework and schoolwork. He is doing well and hope the progress reports show what I hope.

Zach and Jo are doing well in Utah. Zach is going to Las Vegas to be in an ice hockey tournament. He is very excited about that as well as seeing Las Vegas, I am sure.

We have had a precious foster daughter for 4 months. Our plan was to adopt her, but plans changed, in her best interest. She is has stolen my heart and I am squeezing every minute I can until she goes to her forever family.

No comments: